Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Pictures

Well here goes, my first official blog post. I guess I should start with maybe a brief bio.

My name is Brent and I'm a photographer. I spent nearly 25 years in Broadcasting and had an amazing time doing so. For all that is wrong with this profession, there is also all that is right. I got a front row seat on witnessing life like few others ever will. I also worked with some amazingly talented and terrific folks.

I've always had a passion for photography, which I got to do a lot of when in college. I was fortunate to take some of that formal instruction and apply it during the first 12 yrs of my career as a News Photographer. Now I get a chance to do it for a living, which means meeting new and interesting people and spending time with them. This is what was best in journalism and I'm excited about doing it on my own.

This past weekend was a little slow, so I took the opportunity to go to the El Paso (My Hometown) Rose Garden to shoot some flowers. I'm working on several projects and needed the material. Unfortunately, the roses were not at their best. It may be due to the recent heat wave we've had... our temps have been in triple digits for nearly 3 weeks now.

Anyway, here are several shots that I did save. If you get a chance, leave a comment and please visit my website too. I'd love to have your visit.

http://highnoonphoto.smugmug.com






4 comments:

Mary said...

Well Brent, I've been waiting for your first post and you certainly didn't disappoint me! You posted that pretty pink rose that I adore!!!!!

M. said...

I love the changes you made to the text colors, Brent. Very nice! Keep those posts coming! (michelle, aka lovemydanes)

Patty Jo said...

You did it!!!!! LOL

Love it Brent! What a career you've had. Love your photos! Can't wait to see more blog posts! :)

Mari said...

#3 is AMAZING!! Glad you are blogging now!