Friday, June 20, 2008

Moonlight Shoot Folo-Up

This is the folo up to yesterdays blog about a late night shoot...

We had a great moon last night. Almost like a harvest. Anyway, was out for about 2 hrs and only snapped 19 pics total... most as repeats. I couldn't drop the exposure on the moon for the life of me. I've not had this problem, but then again the shots are usually much tighter. I'm also wondering if a harvest kind of moon produces greater illuminance?

I almost popped on a couple of ND filters, but in the first locale was in the middle of the desert with no light other than a flashlight and with a very quick rising moon. This shot was about a :20 exposure at f/11 or 16 if I remember. Even though I didn't touch the shutter, I still had to clone out some ghosting where the movement of the moon occured... it was that fast!!



For those of you who have heard but not seen of the Rio Grande River, pic 2 is a shot of it going by a small peak called Cristo Rey. The location I'm in is Sunland Park, NM, directly ahead with lights in the background is El Paso, Texas and the backside of Cristo Rey is Anapra, Mexico. Here on the borderlands we say we live where 3 states and 2 nations come together. The river for the most part of its 1400 mile run (3rd longest in the U.S.) is pretty narrow and not to daunting. Much of the riverbed in El Paso dries out in the Winter. However, down in Big Bend National Park the Rio becomes quite an amazing tributary with rapids that formed the Canyon walls of Santa Elena.

2 comments:

Mary said...

These are stunning shots Brent! Loving them!!!!!!

Mari said...

Can I hang out with you? Your photography amazes me!!